Monday, June 1, 2009

Patience


I am a very impatient person. If I want something, I want it now. And when I set my mind to something--it will happen...come hell or high water. It can be a good and bad trait, obviously. When we bought our first home I was certainly in this mindset. We started looking at homes in May and by September I was about to pull my hair out by the time we moved in. It is our first home and new construction at that. Something I never thought I would live in. New construction to me meant void of any style, architectural details, and just plain BLAH. I was shocked when I found our home and all the nice touches the builder did to all of the homes. Crown molding--standard. Chair railing--standard. They based a lot of their design off of Pottery Barn if you can believe it. I love our house. And I am impatient to get it complete. Shocker, I know. But we aren't made of money and I do what I can each paycheck. I thought I'd start this blog to chronicle how far we are GOING to come. :)

No comments: