Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Craigslist Strikes Again!

I scored this farmhouse table on craigslist this morning for $200. Solid wood and a nice deep color that I love. There are a few weird marks on it...like bear claw marks? And they are supposed to be there. Weird. Not loving that part, but I can work around it.
And then there are these oooooglies. They remind me of the 1980's in Arizona. Not a fan.

However, they will soon have beautiful slip covers! Perhaps something similar to these from Pure Style Home.

But they don't have pretty legs...so it will probably have to be more like this:
I think a pretty sea grass rug is in order too. I'm so excited to get this room finished and without busting the bank!




13 comments:

Lynnae said...

Ooooh that's going to look so good!

Michelle Hughes said...

FABULOUS!!!! What a great find! Try Ballard for the rug and the slipcovers. I just slipcovered our dining chairs and I got them from Pottery Barn on sale, but they aren't floor length. Your dining room is going to be spectacular! I can't get over that table!

Smiles!
Michelle

Dianna G. said...

Love it love it love it! Will you serve me dinner in that room when it's done? :)

Jessica said...

LOVE the table!! So excited to see what you come up with for slipcovers.. I want ones just like that! :)

Amber B. said...

That looks awesome! Our Craigslist has not produced anything that great!!! Just a bunch of junk.

Adrienne said...

adore all of it!

Rachelle said...

Oooh! I never score on CL. It all sucks around here! Boo!

I love the table though, that's just what I want for our new house! :)

HirondelleRustique said...

What a score! I LOVE the table! I plan on getting one similar to yours once we buy a house. Can't wait to see your room finished!

Krys said...

Beautiful finds! I LOVE the table. Could you stain the chair legs and add a glossy poly? The chair skirts are so sweet though.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting :) Isn't that mocha color (powder rooms) just yummy?! I can imagine how soothing it would be in your bedroom.

Sheri said...

I love it. My favorite thing to do is take something not so great and turn it into "just what I wanted". the table and chairs will bring much joy at a much lower price!

Courtney said...

What great finds!! Can't wait to see what you decide on for the chairs!

BellaRosa said...

That table...loves it :) The chairs...not so much :) although with the slipcovers you show, they will look gorgeous together. I just got 4 tall parsons chairs for our huge round table. I am looking forward to what you find for ideas :) you have great taste, sooo please as you like to say...Knock yourself out :) Rose

April Lee said...

Great buys!...Craig is the other man in my life. And he's my FI's man-crush. We spend a lot of time with him. ;)