Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Turned desk. I painted the legs a beige-white color and stained the top. There are lots of imperfections on the top, but meh. I don't really care. It makes the loft look a lot better and it's so nice that I can craft and watch tv at the same time! I'm still thinking about getting that vintage decal for the top....maybe after the spending freeze.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
As recipient of this award, I'm to name 5 obsessions and tag 5 fabulous blogs. Here goes:
1. Decorating - I mean seriously obsessed. I can't sleep at night trying to think of ways to reconfigure furniture and sometimes scoop up five decorating magazines at a time at the grocery store. I think it might be cheaper to just get myself a subscription.
2. Painting Furniture- I spend hours on craigslist looking for pieces to paint. Cane chairs. Farm tables. anything with barley twist. And to think, it all started because Todd said I needed a hobby. I bet somebody is kicking himself! ;)
3. Blogs--the first two hours at work are spend catching up on my google reader. I usually have about 200 posts to wade through. It's my favorite part of my day. And I go star crazy bookmarking my favorite posts. :)
4. True Blood/Twilight: Yeah, I'm a grown woman obsessed with Vampires. It's fine. Totally fine. And COMPLETELY normal.
5. Anthropologie: I have considered on more than one occasion to take a part time job at Anthro. Just for the discount. I call it Anthro, cause we're besties. I could live there. I wouldn't mind me buried there...might look into that.....
And now onto 5 of the blogs I think are fabulous
1. Haleys Cottage: I love her store, her dogs and of course, her blog!
2. Shabby Scraps: I only just fell in love with her blog and simply loved her booth at the recent French Flea Market.
3. Dumbwit Tellher: love her writing style and images!
4. Pony Girl Rides Again: She makes me want to ride horses! :) Her pictures are always so beautiful.
5. Moore Minutes: She makes me want to be crafty! :)
These too, from the flea--Shabby Scraps to be exact!
1.) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2.) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
3.) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4.) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
So, here are my 10 honest things...
1. I was born in Hawaii. I've lived in Goose Creek South Carolina, Springfield Virginia, La Maddalena Italy, Silverdale Washington and finally, Seattle!
2. I love to squish things. Especially my cats. I'm worried when I have a baby that's all I'm going to want to do to it.
3. I never fill up my gas tank all the way. I hate waiting for it to fill.
4. I can do voices. Lots of them.
5. I once shaved off one of my eyebrows. I told my parents the razor fell in the shower. They didn't buy that one.
6. I used to get chocolate Rice Krispies wrapped and under the tree for Christmas because I wasn't allowed to have sweet cereal any other time of the year.
7. I can draw pretty well. But only people. Only women. With big boobs.
8. I have horrible road rage. I use horrible words. I beat my hands against the steering wheel and then pray that whoever I'm screaming at isn't going where I'm going.
9. I used to threaten to run away a lot when I was little. My mom always offered to help me pack.
10. I hate snakes. Like I start crying hysterically if I see one. Even itty bitty ones.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
One of these is screaming to be on my topography wall. Seriously. Can't you hear them calling my name? Soooooooosaaaaaaaaan! At least that's what I'm going to tell my husband when he looks at the bank statement. :)
Friday, September 11, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Letter Hook in the kitchen.
My one piece of black and white crockery. There will be more. Oh yes, there will be more.
El bano letter H.
Vintage cow tags on the wire basket.
Glass Glitter H.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. deliver this award to six bloggers who must choose six more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award. I will pass this award to some of my bloggy friends that I find exceedingly charming…